Friday, March 2, 2012

home-made laundry soap!

I'm so excited!

This isn't yet another "I made my own laundry soap" blog post.....YET! But I have FINALLY bought the stuff to do so! Even in shopping in the store for it (and having to run to one other store to get the last product), I felt so homey and farmy = nailed it.



This is not my picture; mine will probably not be so farmy ('though I wish it would be). I got this from Sugar Pie Farmhouse, and she got it from several other ladies.

So now, on my stove, I have a 3lb7oz box of A&H Super Washing Soda (it was all they had), a 4lb box of A&H Baking Soda, that giant box of Borax, and 3 bars of Kirk's Castile soap. (I chose the Kirk's because she said it's better for sensitive skin. No one in my family really has sensitive skin, but I figure why chance it when using something new.)

I also chose this recipe - I know there are a HOST of recipes out there - because she said she got all the ingredients at Walmart. Walmart was out of the Super Washing Soda today when I went, but said they had a shipment on the way. I found it at the regular supermarket. (I think Walmart's might be a full 4lb, but I'm not sure. I can't imagine it'll make THAT much difference.)

Can't wait to share pictures when I really do mix it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

stuff you want to say (show some comment love!)